In the early years of the digital age, your company most likely purchased and managed all of its technology needs in-house. Over time, as the computing universe grew ever-more complex, you added new parts and programs to keep up with the developments and to maintain your competitiveness. As such, the complexity of managing of this universe became more complex, as well. The IT team could probably still handle it, with a little bit of outside help here and there.
However, with the advent of cloud computing and hybrid infrastructures, it may be that your in-house team is struggling to keep up with it all. The complex web of legacy hardware and software programming that was supposed to make your business easier is actually hobbling your productivity because it does not function as an integrated whole. To manage their infrastructure and allow their in-house teams to focus on higher priorities, many of today’s most competitive enterprises are electing to do business more efficiently and cost effectively by outsourcing their computing needs to a Managed Services Provider, or MSP. These providers help you cobble both your cloud and in-house solutions while also consulting you on the best ways to integrate the two for optimal efficiency.
MSPs streamline business processes
A MSP offers advantages that are unmatched within an in-house configuration:
- Assured expertise — The increasingly complicated digital universe is more sophisticated than the average in-house IT employee can manage. However, the failure to keep up with technological and industry developments can erode competitiveness and cripple a business. The MSP overcomes the challenge of insufficient tech by assuming the task of staying current with technology trends or even ahead of them. Their primary service is to keep your business at your sector’s technological forefront.
- Assured compliance — Although much of today’s compliance programming is automated, these rules and regulations change frequently, making it difficult for in-house IT staff to keep the company in good standing with its regulators. A MSP offers a dedicated compliance capacity that will keep your entity on top of any regulations changes
- ‘Round the clock support — The global economy has also impacted when you work, and many companies frequently do business in far-flung time zones. Your organization cannot afford to have a technology failure in one time zone and the IT response to that failure in another. MSPs offer service and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Secure growth — Finding new business opportunities in the global marketplace is critical to maintaining competitiveness. Often, however, on premise legacy programming is too limited in its scope and capabilities to effectively and efficiently scale up when those opportunities arise. The MSP offers scalability both up and down, so your company has the tools to manage the new business with ease, as well as save costs by reducing capacities in slow periods.
- Improved productivity — Outsourcing the IT function frees up staff to focus on the core corporate issues that are central to your company. Instead of spending time tracking and debugging code errors, your IT workers can concentrate on using the expanded technology to improve your products.
Many companies now realize that their on-premise technological configuration can no longer match the value of the services provided by dedicated IT companies. An expert MSP team engages cutting-edge cloud-based technologies to ensure that your enterprise experiences best practices in all its endeavors.
We can help you design the engagement model that works best for your oil and gas, retail, or software company so you can maintain your competitiveness in today’s, and tomorrow’s digital marketplace. Contact us at Value Global